Institutional Research is an administrative unit of the Office of Academic Affairs.
Our mission is to produce timely statistics, qualitative information and analyses
that support university strategic planning and decision-making.
We provide services to offices and departments at Oregon State University. We also
make summarized data available to the general public.
Our responsibilities include:
Developing and analyzing university strategic indicators and performance measures,
drawing upon institutional data from all sectors of the University
- Maintaining data archives to support longitudinal profiles and studies
- Generating datasets of strategic interest to the University using survey instruments
Conducting research on issues of strategic importance to the university
using national and institutional databases
- Responding to federal, state and other external requests for institutional data
- Supporting the academic unit program review process
- Enhancing and improving the curricular review process
- Serving as a resource for the University on institutional research issues.